Sunday, August 26, 2012

Snippets from the City

Just a few snippets of downtown Asheville. I am a huge architecture
buff and will share more when pics when I get them downloaded.
                                                                  

                               
Double Decker Coffee Shop
One of the winged lions outside the Grove Arcade Building


Friezes on the Drhumor Building

Vance Monument and the Biltmore Building (which was designed by I.M.Pei)

Iron sculpture in front of the Flat Iron Building


4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, check out that coffee shop! What a fantastic idea to repurpose an old vehicle. And there can't be anything cooler the sculpture of giant everyday household objects like that iron. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny,

    I believe I am your partner for bioregional swap :-)
    I would love to get to know you, Jenny. E-mail me so we can arrange addresses and what not! cgolanio (at) gmail (dot) com

    <3 Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I believe you are my partner for the swap. Looking forward to it! I am emailing you now :)
      Blessings, Jenny

      Delete
  3. Crazy coffee shop!
    The temptation has begun...I look forward to seeing more.
    : )

    ReplyDelete